There are so many diet plans out there and people who want to lose weight might be
overwhelmed that they might not be able to choose one. Well, you can actually choose
whatever diet that you want so long as you are getting the results that you want.
One particular diet that you might be interested in is the energy diet. What is it and why
is it gaining more popularity in the dieting space? Well, I am going to go more in-depth
about this diet in this article so if you want to find out more information, do read the rest
of the post.
What is the Energy Diet?
As you can tell by the name of this particular diet plan, the Energy diet is where you will
eat the right foods that will provide you with long-lasting energy throughout the rest of
the day, all while making sure that you are not gaining weight in the process.
Now, traditional wisdom would state that you should only eat 3 major meals a day, but
the energy diet posits that you should space out your meals throughout the day (ideally
5-6 times a day and in controlled portions).
The reason why that is the case is that your body will require energy throughout the day
and feeding it with some fuel (i.e. foods) can help ensure that it is getting what it needs
to power through.
Now, what are the main tenets of this particular diet plan?
- Instead of eating refined or simple carbs, it is best that you opt for complex carbs. Whole wheat options are always preferred
- Eat a wide variety of fruits and vegetables
- When consuming dairy, it is important that you opt for the low-fat and less sugar options. This applies to your milk, yogurt, and other dairy products
- Opt for lean proteins as opposed to red meat or fatty meats. Chicken and turkey are preferred, and so is fatty fish (though consume it in moderate quantities in any given week).
- Consume unsaturated oils and spreads but do so in limited quantities
- Also, incorporate some beans and seeds to your meals since they provide a lot of energy for not a lot of calories.
- Never skip breakfast!
- Opt for high-fiber, low sugar breakfast cereals such as wheat biscuits or bran
- Eggs can be consumed at any time during the day, but it is best consumed in the morning for better results
- Space out your meals throughout the day. Ideally, you want to eat 5-6 small portions of food per day to give your body consistent energy
- There is an emphasis on ‘small portions’ since eating a lot of food may require more energy to digest
- Although you can eat starchy carbs, do so from time to time. It is still much better if you eat whole grains instead.